Thursday, July 18, 2013

Change

As I find my way out of my twenties and into a completely new "chapter" in life, I have reflected. Life has been filled with rough times, blissful moments and more questions than answers. I went from thinking that I knew everything to now feeling that I know nothing. So much has changed! The way I think, my reactions and confidence, my body (goodbye metabolism!), priorities and drive have all changed and morphed into something so far from what I expected. It is neither a good or bad change, but it is certainly a change that is taking a lot of adjusting to.
I had an idea of where I would be at this point in my life, how I would feel about my family, my partner, my job, about myself. It just makes me believe even stronger that things just change, even if we don't want them to. It is just how life is. It has taken me almost 30 years to figure this out, I just fear now how much longer it will take to accept these ever changing changes. When is it that we find peace, true peace, in our lives?
I am optimistic that it will come. But scared that when it does, it will be too late. That I have already made the wrong decisions and can't go back. I feel that I'm already in that place sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment